Every academic semester, students are required to implement two types of registration:
- Administrative registration, i.e paying the payment of tuition fees through a Bank appointed by UGM. The student then obtains the registered status with validation (registered marking) on the Student Card or Gamacard by the registration officer.
- Academic registration, i.e registering in each faculty (by showing proof of payment from the bank earlier) to be able to follow the academic activities of the semester in question.
For students who are not doing re-registration or academic leave, the student’s status in the relevant semester becomes null and not allowed to follow academic activities and use the available facilities.
- Academic leave is only allowed if the student already has written permission from the dean or rector.
- Academic leave of more than 2 years, whether consecutive or not, must submit a letter of application for academic leave to the chancellor with a copy of the dean.
- The period of academic leave is not taken into account as an active period in relation to the study deadline.
- During the academic leave, students do not have to pay tuition fees
- Students are not allowed to take academic leave prior to the evaluation of the first four semesters. If there is a particular reason (eg pregnancy/childbirth, illness and hospitalization) and the approval of the rector may be granted an academic leave permit, the deduction period will still be calculated as the period of active study and is used as the basis for calculation in the evaluation.
Herregistration after academic leave
Students who wish to be active again after having academic leave must perform the following stages:
- Apply an active lecture letter to the dean (for those who previously received leave permission from the dean) or to the rector (for those who previously received leave permission from the rector). This application letter must be submitted no later than 1 month before the semester’s activities run.
- Registration by showing the active license of the college and Student Card at UGM Registration Office and making payment of SPP / BOP.
Study Plan Card
At the time of entering the new semester, each student must determine the course of study for the semester that will run. The course that will be pursued must be registered in the Academic and Student Affairs Section by filling out the Study Plan List to the Academic Information System in each faculty/department. The Study Plan must also be approved by the appointed Academic Lecturer. The credits expense to be taken should be based on the acquisition of IP in the previous semester with the following rules:
|IP Semester||Loads of study|
|0.00 – 1,49||12 credits|
|1,50 – 1,99||15 credits|
|2,00 – 2,49||18 credits|
|2,50 – 2,99||21 credits|
|3,00 – 4,00||24 credits|
If in the previous semester students carry out academic leave then the amount of sks load that can be taken is minimal load (12 credits).
For new students, the amount of study load per semester is determined by the curriculum and policy structure of each faculty.
Evaluation of the study was conducted in 3 stages:
- The first evaluation applied after the students attended the education for the first 4 semesters in a row since accepted as a new student. Evaluation will be done at the end of semester 4. In this evaluation, the student must have collected at least 30 credits with a minimum GPA of 2.00. If they do not meet the requirements, the student is not allowed to continue his studies at UGM or drop out.
- The second stage evaluation applied prior to the programmed study period will end in accordance with the time period determined by each course. Evaluation of this stage is applied to students who have problems with the achievement of academic achievement that is far from the applicable provisions.
- The final evaluation is enforced at the end of the study period i.e at the 14th semester or after 7 years of study period.
- Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences Guide Book (Bahasa Indonesia, English)
- Internal Rules (Bahasa Indonesia, English)
- External Rules (Bahasa Indonesia, English)