The scientific laboratory of Algorithms and Computing is a one that provides and develops competence and conducts research in mainly the domain of theoretical and computational aspects of Computer Science. The theoretical aspects of computer science include the basic theories of computer science, computing machines, language, grammar, computational boundaries, complexity theories, basic concepts of algorithms, and the development techniques and analysis of algorithm. While the computational aspects include numerical methods, computational support systems for the fields of mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, financial economics, natural language, modeling and simulation, and operations research. This laboratory accommodates the studies undertaken on the topics related to but not limited to:
- Formal Method: research related to theoretical such as: verification, checking, proving, and theory of programming language.
- Algorithm: research related to the development of algorithms and its design techniques.
- Optimization: research related to optimization theories.
- Computing models: research related to grid computing, cloud computing, parallel computing and fractals.
- Computational science: research related to the development of computations in the fields of science (chemistry, physics, and biology, mathematics), and other support systems such as numerical methods.
- Modeling, analysis and verification of the reactive system: research related to modeling, analysis and formation of methods or algorithms to ensure the validity of the reactive system.
This laboratory also accommodates the studies in the following related topics:
- Mobile Software Analysis and Design.
- Information Retrieval (IR): research related to IR model and its efficiency.
- Data Mining: research related to data mining, ie algorithms and methods to find patterns of various data types, predict, and decisionmaking.
- Data Integration: research related to data integration from various sources.
Member of Algorithm and Computing Research Laboratory:
|Name of Staff||Interest or Expertise|
|Dr. Agus Sihabuddin, S.Si., M.Kom||Concept of Programming Language, Functional Programming|
|Anny Kartika Sari, S.Si, M.Sc, Ph.D||Discrete Structure, Ontology|
|Faizal Makhrus, S.Kom, M.Sc., Ph.D||Applied Computing, Computational Science|
|Janoe Hendarto, Drs., M.I.Kom||Analysis and Design of Algorithms, Graphic Computing, Fractals|
|Medi, Drs., M.Kom||Verification and Validation|
|Moch. Edi Wibowo, S.Kom., M.Kom., P.hD||Multimedia Analysis|
|Dr. Nur Rokhman, M.Kom.||Numerical Method and Operation Research|
|Retantyo Wardoyo, Drs., M.Sc., Ph.D||Theory of Computing, Management Science|
|Reza Pulungan, Dr.-Ing. MSc, Dr.-Ing. Mhd.||Formal Methods, Stochastic Analysis, Software Verification and Validation|
|Dr. Sigit Priyanta, S.Si., M.Kom.||Applied Computing, Text Mining, Natural Language Computing|
|Dr. Suprapto, M.I.Kom||Computational Logic, Analysis and Design of Algorithm|
|Wahyono, S.Kom, Ph.D||Image processing, Computer Graphics|