The Departement of Computer Science and Electronics (DCSE) of Universitas Gadjah Mada is the youngest department in the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. It was officially established in April 2010. The department is a merger of two S1 study programmes (undergraduate level), and one S2/S3 study programme (graduate and post-graduate programmes). The two undergraduate programmes are Computer Science which was previously under the Department of Mathematics, and Electronics and Instrumentation which was previously under the Department of Physics. The merging process was quite longstanding as it had been started in 2006. In the beginning of its realisation, the department was named Jurusan Ilmu Komputer dan Elektronika (JIKE), and by the legalization of new university-wide organization structure, the name was then changed into Departemen Ilmu Komputer dan Elektronika (DIKE).
VISION STATEMENT OF THE DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ELECTRONICS
The DCSE declared its vision as to:
Become a leading department nationally in the area of computer science and electronics and well-known internationally in the activities of education, research and community services, and also to have alumni who are competitive and leading both nationally and internationally.
MISSION STATEMENT OF THE DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ELECTRONICS
The DCSE has formulated its mission as the following:
- Growing up an education system that guarantees the running of the learning-teaching activities in the area of computer science and electronics leading to international quality results for all level of Indonesian communities who have potentials and motivation to progress.
- Growing up conducive condition to run international-level research activities (both basic and applied research) in the domain of computer science and electronics supporting the development or advancing sciences and technology for mankind prosperity.
- Building society’s awareness that computer sciences and electronics are parts of sciences and technology that play important roles in improving prosperity and living quality, either materially or spiritually.
The DCSE has set its goals as follows:
- Continuously improving graduates’ quality to meet national standards and be internationally competitive.
- Continuously improving the DCSE’s quality to meet or achieve international standards or recognition.
- Increasing and improving quality of linkages or cooperation, both with the national or international institution.
- Increasing and improving the quality of human resources, equipment, and facilities to support the implementation of three roles of higher education (tri dharma perguruan tinggi).