In response to fast-paced progress in information and communication technology (ICT) and increasing global and national demands for ICT professionals, the International Undergraduate Program in Computer Science (IUP-CS) is established in Universitas Gadjah Mada starting in academic year 2011/2012. The program offers overseas as well as Indonesian students an opportunity to study and obtain their Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with international standard and excellent curriculum.
The IUP-CS commits to provide students with an education of the highest possible quality. There is an essential policy of the program in terms of developing a program that provides resources to help students to be competitive in pursuing their future careers. In line with the Faculty’s vision and mission, the general goals and objectives of IUP-CS are to:
- Expand and reshape portfolio of the IUP-CS’s services to higher quality and internationally competitive educational programs.
- Drive IUP-CS’s position in the international market of higher education in computer science.
- Meet international market demands for internationally oriented graduates.
- Strengthen the nation (especially UGM) competitiveness.
The Excellence of IUP in Computer Science UGM
Other than the ‘Unggul/Excellent’ category accredited by the National Accreditation Board of Higher Education (BAN-PT), the program (together with the regular program) has been accredited by ASIIN (Accreditation Agency for Degree Programs in Engineering, Computer Science, the Natural Sciences and Mathematics), a certified international accreditation agency that is based in Germany. The accreditation is valid until September 30, 2023.
Every student enrolled in IUP-CS is obliged for an international exposure program. Students can choose one of the following schemes for the international exposure program:
- Double degree program
The double degree program can be conducted with one of the following two universities:
- University of Birmingham (UoB) with the following scheme: 4 semesters in UGM + 4 semesters in UoB.
The tuition fee per year (2 semesters) in UoB is about GBP 18,000 (2019).
- University of South Australia (UniSA) with the following scheme: 5 semesters in UGM + 3 semesters in UniSA.
The tuition fee per year (2 semesters) in UniSA is about AUD 32,000 (2019).
- Student exchange program
The student exchange program can be conducted in several universities in Asia and Europe such as Nagoya University, Kyoto University and Kanazawa University (Japan), University of Jinan (China), National Central University and National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (Taiwan), MARA University of Technology (Malaysia), University of Birmingham (UK), Malmo University (Sweden), etc. The tuition fee for this program is waived, however, the selection process is conducted by OIA UGM (university-wide).
- Study abroad program
In a study abroad program, a student has to pay the tuition fee for 1 or 2 semesters study in the host university. The study abroad program is available at the University of Birmingham and the University of South Australia.
- International internship
A student may also do an internship program at a foreign university or company.
- International competition
- Summer/winter course program
- International conference
Universitas Gadjah Mada is a great place to study Computer Science. Undergraduate Program in Computer Science has limited space and a high number of interested students. Prospective students must apply for admission through the University Admission Office. More detailed information are available through the link below.
Contact & Information:
Head of the Undergraduate Program in Computer Science
Dr. Azhari SN, MT
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
WA : 08157929797
International Undergraduate Program in Computer Science
Sekip Utara, FMIPA UGM
Telephone: +62 (274) 546194
Facsimile: +62 (274) 556194
- Graduates of 2022, 2021, and 2020 from:
- Senior High School or
- A-Level or
- International Baccalaureate
- Graduates of 2022, 2021, and 2020 from:
No Faculty Program Fee(s) Application Tuition /semester 1 Mathematics and Natural Sciences Computer Science Program Rp. 1.500.000,00 Rp. 23.000.000,00 (for Indonesian students) Rp. 30.000.000,00 (for non-Indonesian students)
- Sign up for an application account at um.ugm.ac.id, here.
- Complete the online application form and upload the following documents (minimum 150 kb and maximum 800 kb):
For applicants who graduate in 2020 and 2021 For applicants to be graduated in 2022 Format Coloured Photograph with white background Coloured Photograph with white background *.jpg High school graduation certificate or SAT/A-Level/International Baccalaureate or equivalent certificate High school academic report from grade 10 to 11 and the first semester of grade 12 High school academic report from grade 10 to 12 ID Card (SIM/KTP/Passport/student card) High school (SMA) diploma for applicants who graduated in 2019 or 2020. A statement letter of year 12 student for applicants who will graduate in 2022. ID Card (SIM/KTP/Passport/student card)
- Print application form, if you can not print the application form or your online application fail, please contact us at 0274-6491808/551222 or email your payment receipt and all of the required documents to email@example.com.
- Admission Card can be printed on the day as mentioned in your application account..
Payment procedures are explained in detail on your admission account on um.ugm.ac.id.
Test Scheme (Intake 2022 : ONLINE TEST)
Test Duration Day 1 Gadjah Mada Scholastic Test (GMST) 90 minutes English Proficiency Test 150 minutes Day 2
(start from 8am)