The vision of Graduate Program of Computer Science Department of Computer Science and Electronics Universitas Gadjah Mad are:
Becoming a leading and nationally superior Computer Science Program in the provision of education, research, and community service in the field of information systems and technology
The mission of the Gadjah Mada University Computer Science Degree Program is to develop and improve the quality and process of education on the front line with international graduates by:
- Develop and improve the quality of academic staff and students and graduates in basic research and its application that supports the development of computer science and information technology for the welfare of the nation and human.
- Implementing the Tri Dharma of Higher Education is education, research, and community service.
The objectives of the program are:
- To produce graduates who are able to follow the development of computer science in particular and science and technology in general, able to work and compete in national and international job market, and able to continue study to higher education level.
- Increase the contribution of study program in the quality of human resources, environmental conservation, science and technology development, and education.
- Improve the quality of education and computer science research.
- Extend the roles of computer science in national development.
Graduate Program of Computer Science determined the minimum qualification of the graduates, which are represented as the programme learning outcomes (PLOs).
|PLO||Knowledge Area||PLO Description|
|PLO1||[Values and principles]||Graduates should possess a set of universal and fundamental values and principles: universal ethics, patriotism and world peace, social and environmental sensitivity, pluralism and fair play, and rule of law.|
|PLO2||[Foundational knowledge]||Graduates should master the foundation knowledge of computer science, which includes relevant topics from mathematics, logics, electronics, and sciences.|
|PLO3||[Theoretical knowledge]||Graduates should master theoretical concepts in the field of computer science, which includes those related to algorithms, computation, formal languages, data structures, programming, computer system, data processing, software, intelligent system, and numerical analysis.|
|PLO4||[Applied knowledge]||Graduates should master applied concepts in the field of computer science, which includes those related to modelling methods, development, verification, and validation of software.|
|PLO5||[Problem-solving skills]||Graduates should be able to apply the foundation, theoretical, and applied knowledge and to adapt them together with the state-of-the-art to develop constructive solutions to problems.|
|PLO6||[Ability to do research]||Graduates should be able to conduct research, individually or in a team, in computer science through literature study and experiment.|
|PLO7||[Professional attitudes]||Graduates should have good interpersonal skills; be able to cooperate in a team and to have a sense of responsibility for their own duties; and be able to complete their duties in order to achieve team’s objectives.|
|PLO8||[Communication skills]||Graduates should be able to communicate with various stakeholders from different backgrounds; to communicate well in English; and to write scientific documents that follow a specific set of rules.|
|PLO9||[Life-long learning]||Graduate should be aware with up to date the state-of-the-art, especially in the field of computer science, and be able to continuously broaden and deepen the knowledge acquired previously in the tradition of lifelong learning.|